9/11

jerri

This is a weekend to reflect and remember ten years ago. I just wish it wasn't overloaded on TV. I think there is such a thing as too much being not an honor. A new generation of kids will now have to be taught at (probably) too young an age.

I know what you mean about 9/11 being all over television. I feel like it's something they are showing too often that it makes you feel numb. It also triggers painful emotions in some of us. I don't think it's the children we need to be worried about (I was a child when it happened and I don't think that I was too young to learn what happened), it's the people who have lived through it and now can't stop thinking about it because of all these painful reminders.

magickz

It was not just overloaded on TV, but everywhere. I think every social site blew up over the weekend and while I am not surprised by it I am sure their server monkeys were who kept having issues with sites being hit so hard.

I learned a couple rumors and urban legends about 9/11 over the weekend. Apparently there is a picture of a tourist on top of the WTC and in the background is a plane about to hit the building. It's a manipulation though, not a real picture. The deck wasn't even on the right building or open yet that morning. The guy in the picture admitted that he manipulated it. I've seen it passed around a lot this weekend and though everybody should know it's not real. They've been saying the camera was found in the rubble though that seems it would be impossible anyway.

Myrddin

I noticed that season premiers of CSI: NY next week is based around the events of 9/11. Curious.

magickz

A few other shows have lately too, not just this year either. I know Rescue Me was based around it since it is after all a fire fighter show. A few others had random quick glimpses of flashbacks, like "what were you doing when...".